graceiverson

Animal Farm & 1984
George Orwell, Christopher Hitchens

Entry Three

Wild by Cheryl Strayed/ Bossypants by Tina Fey

I finished reading Wild over the past weekend. I experienced a little post-book depression when it was over. Wild was such a good book. Cheryl made it all the way to Bridge of the Gods by Portland, Oregon from the Sierra Nevadas in California by herself. As much as I didn't want the book to end, I felt genuinely happy for Cheryl when she finished her trek because she had worked so, so hard every single day to get to that point and she really deserved something to be proud of. Cheryl definitely wrote herself a bittersweet ending.

(Excuse me as I fangirl over Tina Fey for a while)

This weekend I also drove back and forth from Bozeman so I had some time in the car. I decided to use that time to listen to Bossypants by Tina Fey on audiobook. I've already read the business autobiography by Ms. Fey but it was better to listen to it because Tina herself read the book so I was able to hear the countless jokes and anecdotes exactly how she intended to have them sound. Tina Fey had the dream career path which she outlines in her book. She was a member of a touring troupe of Second City improvers out of Chicago, wrote for SNL, performed in Weekend Update on SNL, created and starred in her own television show, and guest starred in writing rooms, movies, and tv shows. I can relate to Tina Fey in almost every aspect of my life. She's the queen. And her book is fantastic.